Happy Monday friends! I HATE Monday’s! The Bach household was shut down this weekend with what I am assuming is a 24 hour bug going around. I started feeling sick Saturday evening and thought it was food poisoning. Sure enough, Rob got it 24 hours after me and he is home sick today. I am praying my peanut doesn’t get this bug but I am sure she probably will. So now it is a waiting game!
Enough of stomach bugs! I would like to share an awesome recipe from my BF Katie, Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken in the crock pot! This is such an easy dish to make and tastes awesome. Below is her recipe that I modified a bit but you can check out her full blog post at LegallyFitBlog.com
- 3-5 pound roast chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- a few sprigs of rosemary (the first time i used waaaay too many and the house smelled of rosemary for days! lol oops)
- half of an onion, diced
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Ensure that you remove the bag of innards from the inner cavity of the chicken
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry, coat with melted butter.
- Place chopped onion inside of cavity, along with half of an unjuiced lemon.
- Place chicken inside of crock pot
- Juice the remaining lemon over the chicken, and then place the lemons alongside the top of it.
- Arrange the rosemary sprigs along the chicken.
- Spread about 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Set the timer on your crock pot to six to eight hours, to cook on the low setting. My crock pot tends to cook everything in 6 hours.