I have been meaning to do a personal post about my self image for a while now. Unfortunately, I am not confident enough to post a full body picture like my friend Kelly @ Baby W Is On The Way, who by the way looks fantastic! Go Kelly! Although I am not brave enough to post a picture right now, perhaps I will post a before and after once I reach my goal weight.
Have you noticed that no matter how many people tell you “you look great” you still don’t believe it? Whether you have had a baby or not, there will always be something you don’t like about your body. I step on the scale and I still don’t like where I am at. I never thought I would be this critical of myself. My friends say to give myself a break, I just had a baby 4 months ago but that’s easier said than done.
It is extremely difficult to get to the gym during the week. Most of the time I just want to get home and spend time with the hubby and peanut. At times I even feel guilty going to the gym after work when Mikayla has been in daycare all day. It’s also hard with Rob traveling so much. I never imagined how childbirth would transform my body and change my self image. Don’t get me wrong, I knew it would be different and I would need to work hard to get my body back BUT I didn’t know it would have such an impact on the way I feel about myself.
Today I change work on changing how I feel about myself. Here are my goals to feeling more confident and positive about the body I have now:
Self Image Goals:
- Say “thank you” when my husband compliments me and really start to believe him
- Every time I get critical of myself, stop and think about how amazing Mikayla is
- For every negative thought I have when I look in the mirror, think of 2 positive thoughts
Weight Loss Goals
- Current weight = 151 lbs. Pre-baby weight = 140 lbs….11lbs to go
- Gym twice a week. Saturday and/or Sunday and 1 day during the week
- Attend at least one class at the gym each week. Today I will be going to a 45 minute spin class
- Continue yoga at home 1-2 days per week
- Continue walking during my lunch break
- Improve eating habits and decrease daily calorie intake to 1500 calories
There you have it! What is the one thing you are most critical of? What are your goals for a better self image? If you have had a baby, what advice do you have for getting back in shape?
Would love to hear from you!