A little bit about me: I have a Bachelor’s degree in business management and I am a financial analyst for a government contracting company. Not exactly what I thought it would be but it will do for now. I have been doing some thinking and wanted to share with y’all and get your thoughts and feedback. Ever feel like you need a “thing” or a “something” to go to when you need a little me time? Like a hobby or passion for something? I must admit that I do not have a hobby nor anything that I am good at. Ever feel like you have zero talent? Some people are naturally gifted creatively and can take amazing photographs or build things from scratch. My hubby is very talented with woodwork and has his own space in the garage. He builds stuff all the time and it looks great. I wish I had a creative bone to create something of my own. I always see ideas for crafts or housing projects that someone created and wish I could come up with something similar!
I guess a start would be to write out a list of things I would enjoy doing and try to make something out of that list. Some friends of mine have something they do on the side that they love, such as flipping houses, selling jewelry, making crafts, sewing, etc. I need to get thinking and try to come up with something! Some people might say blogging is a hobby but I am not as avid of a blogger as a lot of people out there.
Here is my list of things I like and things I could be interested in (very random):
- Jewelry/shoes – what girl doesn’t like this!?
- Makeup – tried selling Mary Kay once and it was NOT for me.
- Photography with nature scenes – really need a new camera.
- House decorating – if I had an unlimited amount of money, my house would look like something out of a magazine. For now, I do a little at a time.
- Animals – I volunteered at an animal shelter after college and loved it.
- Gardening – I love flowers! Problem is….I don’t exactly have a “green thumb” hence why I hired a landscaper to do the work.
- Baking – I have one of these bad boys and its awesome! I have only used it a few times. I am afraid to experiment with new recipes because I have no will power and will eat everything I bake!
- The Beach – not sure what could come of this one…lol.
The biggest obstacle is trying find the time! I work full-time and then come home to a 7 month old. So this would be something I could do after she goes to bed and/or on the weekends. It’s hard to do much during the week since the hubby travels and his schedule varies each week.
There you have it! Any suggestions or ides for me? Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy doing and are good at? I would love to hear your thoughts!
Have a Happy 4th of July!