Good morning! I have been tagged by Kelly @ Baby W Is On The Way to complete “11 things” survey. I love doing survey’s and think its a great way to let everyone know a little bit about me! Thanks for the tag Kelly! I was psyched when my hubby found her blog when miss Mikayla was born. Also a Charleston resident, she has offered me some much-needed parenting and coping advice! Her son Andrew is absolutely adorable and has amazing hair. Check him out!
Hope you enjoy my 11 things!
1. Post the rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself & 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
Wedding Day - 9/20/2008
11 Random Facts About Me
- Most people hate going to the doctor and hate the sight of blood. I on the other hand, HATE going to the dentist! I hate the sight of saliva and can’t stand when people spit in front of me. I can’t watch people brush their teeth…it really grosses me out. This just reminded me I have a 6 month check up this week! ugh
- I have road rage. I think it has gotten worse since moving South. Southern people do not know how to drive! The far left lane is a passing lane. If you do the speed limit get out of my way. If you see someone on your ass it means you need to move over. An on ramp is NOT for slowing down…it is for accelerating! Blinkers are on your car for a reason…use them! Anyway…
- I love Green Mountain coffee! I wasn’t much of a coffee drinker before having Mikayla but now I need at least 1-2 cups in the morning and luckily my office has ample supply of various flavors of Green Mountain. Carmel Vanilla Cream is my favorite!
- I am lactose intolerant. I have to take pills if I want to eat dairy. I will spare you the details of what happens if I don’t take them :-). It’s hard for me because dairy is in just about everything I love! Cheese, yogurt, chocolate, etc. Luckily they have soy milk and I am starting to see more lactose free products.
- I originally went to college to become a teacher. After one teaching class I changed my major to Business Management. Wish I stuck with the teacher route!
- I am obsessed with 90’s music and love the 90’s station on Pandora.
- I have a fear of flying. Not because I think a terrorist will take over the plane but after seeing Final Destination, it made my fear of flying even worse. I even check the seat back tray when I sit down ( like in the movie).
- I am one of 5 siblings and we are all mixed. I am the oldest. My step brother is 28, biological brother is 26, half-sister is 18 and half-brother is 13.
- I love to travel! In no particular order I have been to parts of California, parts of Florida, Bahamas, Las Vegas, Antigua and Jamaica. Hoping to travel again with the hubby real soon!
- I HATE spiders! I hate a majority of bugs but I am so afraid of spiders. Even the smallest spider scares me.
- My Mom called me her miracle baby. She was told (because of an illness when she was young) that she wouldn’t be able to have kids. She has 3 🙂
Questions from Kelly:
1. What is something that, prior to having a baby, you said you would never do as a parent that you are now doing? What changed your mind?
Hmmm nothing comes to mind since she is only 3 months. I am sure that will change as she gets older.
2. What is your favorite “me” time activity?
Hanging out with girl friends! Does that count as “me”time? If it means being alone with just myself I would say relaxing by the pool with a book.
3. You can go back and relive one day in your life – what day would you choose?
Great question and a tough one! This might be a cliché answer but i would have to say the first day of my honeymoon. After all the wedding madness and drama, I was finally able to relax and enjoy being married to my wonderful hubby on the beautiful beach of Antigua.
4. What is your dream vacation destination?
I love tropical so I would have to say Fiji and Bora Bora
5. If you are going to happy hour what is your go to drink?
6. Is there anything that your parents did during your upbringing that you are determined not to do with your kids?
haha – oh so many things! I don’t have a relationship with my biological father so it is important to me to be very open with my kids and make sure that no matter what our relationship is strong and we always communicate.
7. If you were given tickets to any concert possible who would you want to see? Who would it have been 10 years ago?
A comedian like Jim Gaffigan. 10 years ago – Mariah Carey ( i actually did see her in concert!)
8. You only have 20 minutes to go online – what sites do you absolutely have to check before your time is up?
gmail , various blogs and babycenter.com
9. Where are you in the birth order in your family (oldest, youngest, only child)? Has that had an impact on the number of kids that you want to have?
I am the oldest. I used to want 3-4 kids. Now I am just trying to manage 1 and maybe will consider 2 🙂
10. If the world was ending tomorrow what would you eat for your last meal?
Oh so many wonderful options! appetizer: spinach and artichoke dip with warm bread, main entrée: mashed potatoes, cheese grits and filet mignon with crunchy Cheetos on the side! dessert: chocolate peanut butter pie/cake
11. If you could trade places with anyone for one day who would it be? Why?
My hubby so I would know what it is like to be a guy.
- You are stranded on an island, what are your 3 food must haves?
- If you could have any job what would it be?
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day gift you have received or wish you had received?
- If you could have a wedding day do-over what would you change/add?
- I could not live without______because_____
- If you could offer a mom-to-be one piece of advice on motherhood what would it be?
- If you could star in a movie what movie would it be and why?
- Favorite chick flick? Favorite guy movie?
- My biggest regret in life is_____because____
- If you have a son/daughter but couldn’t give him/her their current name and had to pick an alternative what would it be?
- Was your birthing experience what you thought it would be? Good? Bad? Things you will do different second time around?
Katie @ Legally Fit
Wendy @ Give Love Create Happiness
Lauren @ Settling By The Seaside